Beauty and serenity is all around us, it lies in the forgotten, the hidden and the ignored - we
must look in the shadows and search if we are to be truly at ease in this world. Carly Johnson

Monday, September 13, 2010

Anyone got the time?

I finished another bookclock the other evening and made two more today - thats 5 now in total - I'm on a roll!! Here are the results....

To create the distressed look I rubbed the cover with a cotton pad soaked in nail-varnish remover - I was trying to remove some permenant pen I had got on it (mistakes were rife with this bookclock!) and one thing led to another until I stopped fighting against it and just went with the flow.  I tried to recreate this technique on the 20'000 Leagues Under The Sea one by testing it out on the back cover - alas it did absolutely nothing and the print remained intact - maybe it has something to do with the manufacturing process of the book? 
TOODLE PIPS
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment