Beauty and serenity is all around us, it lies in the forgotten, the hidden and the ignored - we
must look in the shadows and search if we are to be truly at ease in this world. Carly Johnson

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Thinspiration - in more ways than one...

Well, I am certainly multi-tasking these last few days, either that or my concentration span is seriously short at the moment. I was going to post yesterday but I couldn't find the right picture to describe how I felt - 'blue' just didn't cut it. I think the mix of insomnia (I'm into my 8th week now), the peak of this constant cold I seemed to have had pretty much since Spring, husband being away and all the niggles that seem to be never ending just totted up and spilled over. I seem remarkably improved today, joyous even, despite our excursion to the Emergency Eye Clinic after my son poked himself in the eye with a whiteboard marker - no need to worry, he has a small hemorrhage which should have cleared itself up in about 10 days - the hospital staff were rather impressed with his eyesight too - my children are superhuman - no...really.

Anyhow, I finished making 80 gift bows intended to be given away at Christmas along with other upcycled gift wrap, so today I spent all morning designing my 'brand' and the labels to go with it. Then, as usual, I got carried away and thought "hey, why not create another blog, but this time purely for upcycling"....so I did: RENAÎT breathe new life...  I finally got to use my logo I designed donkeys ago for upcycling (pictured left) which not only features itself  on the new blog but also on my packaging labels - which coincidentally are the same as the blogs header - so naturally I gave my British & Barmy blog a shout-out too. 

I made lots of clear bags from old plastic wallets chopped into quarters, printed off my labels, cut out brown header-tabs (OK, so I've only actually managed 5 of these so far) from a store paper bag, stuck the label on, put the ensemble together and stapled shut.  Then took a photo.  I have 11 more to do but I will save them for another time - then to start all over again to bag up the gift tags.  I'm going to make the ribbon out old VHS video reel, but I've not got as far as smashing the cassette up yet - I'm hoping to work out how I can open it so I can make something else out of it afterwards.  Optimistic maybe?

One more thing.....I'm trying to rack my brains for Kids Kraft ideas - they need to be easy, quick and produce (almost) instant results, and look good at the end (obviously) - so far its proving to be impossible.  My girl is 6 and my boy is 3 so finding something they can both do is proving to be tricky.

So, I'm thinking thin (PMA and all that) and inspiration is pretty thin on the ground too (and also concentration and sleep)

TOODLE-PIPS
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment