Beauty and serenity is all around us, it lies in the forgotten, the hidden and the ignored - we
must look in the shadows and search if we are to be truly at ease in this world. Carly Johnson

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Upcycled Present for Teenager

A vintage tin.....
but what is inside?


A spotted mustard tie-wrap watch with matching mustard pashmina!


My neice is 13 and VERY trendy so what do you give a young fashionista who has everything already?  Never mind keeping up with the Jonses...let the Jonses keep up with you!  The watch strap used to be a mans tie and the watch face used to be a watch (obviously)  with plain old tired straps - now its a funky tie-wrap watch (and yes I made myself one first - for test purposes only of course *wink wink*).  The pashmina was thrifted "as new" (it still has its original tags on!) and the tin was a tin but its an old and battered unloved one - it was slightly rusty dusty inside so I lined it with snipers tape, which is basically just a stickybacked fabric in fat-ribbon form - the watch holder is just a cut up kitchen towel roll stuffed with newspaper and covered with snipers tape.  I rolled the pashmina up and placed the watch in the centre - et voilĂ !!

I'd be interested to know what was originally inside the tin so if anyone knows feel free to leave a comment below

TOODLE-PIPS
xx

1 comment:

  1. I get so many great ideas from you. I love tins, because I bake in them. They are getting more difficult to find these days as plastic is so prevalent. Hope your "School fund-raising" project is coming along well.

    ReplyDelete