Beauty and serenity is all around us, it lies in the forgotten, the hidden and the ignored - we
must look in the shadows and search if we are to be truly at ease in this world. Carly Johnson

Monday, September 6, 2010

First Upcycled Xmas Present Finished!!

Ok, so this year I am going to make ALL the christmas presents for everybody - I did this last year but I had kind of a wool fetish on my road to recovery so most if not all presents were crocheted (no doubt I will post photos at a later date) this year I am proud to say NONE are made of wool in any way shape or form - woohoo!!

Both kids were finally back at school today so after doing 10miles at the gym then falling out with my lawnmower I sat down with a mans tie and an old watch (which in itself is kind of cool because not only is it mechanical and therefore NEVER needs batteries, its in Braille!!) some scissors, a needle and thread, and proceeded to experiment whilst attempting to watch a film {BlackOut - not as good as the write-up made it out to be}

As it was my first, I predicted mistakes and imperfections - naturally, this 'present' is actually for myself, and to gain reactions for research purposes only of course, I must give myself this present early so I can wear it imediately (I have it on as I write - and it is surprisingly silky smooth and comfy)
Also, I kind of wish I had used this paisely grey tie that I have instead - oh well, excuse to make another 'practise' one I suppose!

Admittedly I am uber-snoozle at taking photos - more tutorials on blogs and utube is in order me thinks...

TOODLE-PIPS
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment